Saturday, May 5, 2012

This is really how life is - don't you think


This image tells me that perhaps I should have named this blog SHADOWS and SUNSHINE rather than Sunshine and Shadows.  Sometime this is exactly how life "feels" don't you think.  Fortunately the man is walking from the clouds and rains to the sunlight.  And I think most of us experience that.  Nothing ever stays as bad as we think it is.

A few weeks ago I purchased an inexpensive digital camera - especially to use on a trip I have planned for mother and me and for the garden that I have worked on this Spring (a different experience for me).

Bad choice.  Nothing but trouble.  Going back to the manufacturer.

But wait - how will I take photos on this trip?  We are going to see friends from the past and many family members.  I need to record the trip, in words but pictures are so much better.

Made me a little grumpy I admit.

Fortunately digitals have not totally wiped out Kodak and  today I purchased two 27 exposure throw aways for $10.

As a part of the trip-connected errands I have seen some excellent examples of sunshine.  When I took a special earring (my mother's) to be repaired, it cost me $1.  Pretty cool, I thought.  As the shop's owner walked me out, she showed me a nice sign that some friends of the shop had surprised her with.  It's a beads shop on St. Augustine Road and the letters B E A D S direct potential customers to her shop.  She was a little taken aback with their generosity.

My response - God blesses those who are a blessing.    We could have paid more than a dollar to have that earring fixed but it was a nice blessing not to have to. Besides I was able to apply the money I thought I was going to use to repair the jewelry to the cost of the throw away cameras.

That's a shadow that turned to sunshine!

Watch this blog for reports of our trip.  I think it's going to make for an interesting read!









No comments:

Post a Comment