Thursday, May 2, 2019

Loving her to contentment

It's time for a change.

That's okay.  Our mother likes change.

As it happens mother needs more care than the Assisted Living Facility where she's been for almost four years can handle.  They are an ALF - not a nursing facility.

We have talked with social workers, nurses, and various counselors.

We know it's time for her to move.

I think back to those days of my childhood when our parents took us to see family members or friends in an "old folks home".  Sometimes it was called a "rest home". I especially remember a place out on Atlantic Blvd.

I can usually paint an unpleasant picture and make it look nicer than how it is actually seen.

That's not so easy now that it's time for our mother to be "there".

Oh, they may have a different name.  It's now skilled nursing or long term care.  But the bottom line is this: it's a nursing home!

So, can I paint a prettier picture?

Well, in the words of one of our nurses:  "you are going to be loving your mom to contentment"

Hum

For several weeks mother has been telling me that she is really endeavoring to be content no matter the circumstances (Philippians 4:12 - NIV).

So - with her request in mind, my siblings and our children are going to make every effort to help her be content.  We are going to love her into the next stage.  We are prayerfully hopeful that the care she receives will be good.  My guess is that I'll go be sure of that every day.

More to come....(aka the name of facility; address, etc).

May your life be filled with enough Sunshine 
to make you appreciated the Shadows


No comments:

Post a Comment