Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Can't do a thing with my hair

Sue's hair


"Would you let me take a picture of the back of your hair?" 
I was surprised and complimented when my friend, Sue, wanted to show her hairdresser how she wanted her hair to look.

Paula's hair
Several weeks later, I was happy to see her new cut and perm.

I sometimes tease (sort of) and say I can always make it about me.

So you won't be surprised to read that this made me think about my hair. Do I need a hair cut earlier than I had planned?  Should I have colored my hair all those years ago when the silver started to show up ... and why isn't my hair as shiny as it used to be.

And then I wondered - am I vain about my hair?  It really didn't take a lot of wondering.  

Yes, I am.

Hum - maybe I should check out some scriptures.  There are many.   From the importance of long hair (I'm much too short for long hair) to the idea that it is disgraceful for a wife to go out without her head covered (since I am not a wife, that certainly does not apply) to the one that makes the most sense to me - about not letting the adorning of oneself  be what is important.  

UH - got me!


Or maybe the one I  like the LEAST:  "Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life" Proverbs 16:31.

I remember that add - "Hate that gray, wash it away" which I have never done. However, I'm not positive that there's any crown of glory, much less a righteous life, but I do think that is a goal worthy to strive for.

I am complimented that Sue wanted to copy my hair.  And one of the things her compliment did for me was make me aware that I should make an effort that my hair look nice all the time.

If my hair - so much more my whole person - and not just how I look but how I act.  All of these ponderings brought to mind a song from my teens - Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.  

A great goal!  

PS We are celebrating Sue's birthday this week -- Happy birthday,  to my favorite "Georgia Peach"!  


May your life be filled with enough sunshine
to make you appreciate the shadows









No comments:

Post a Comment