Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Giving Back

 There's a new book on my shelf.  It was a gift from my good friend, Paul Halter. 

Actually, there are two new books. One is No Regrets and one is The Fourth Quarter.

You had me at the title.

I spend a fair amount of time remembering and reflecting on life,  And I love analogies - especially sports analogies.  In a recent Sunshine and Shadows, I admitted the fact that I am in the fourth quarter of life.

I was amused when my friend, Julia, who is a few years my senior said she's in overtime.

Something I am learning from the book - how to appreciate, enjoy, and continue to make a difference when one is in the home stretch of life on earth

Give back


Hum.  I like that word

Of course, I like that word.  My children were born in Tennessee, one daughter lives in Tennessee, there are UT banners in another daughter's home

Everyone knows however that we are Gators!

But I do like the concept.

And I have been a volunteer - at Memorial Hospital; Hospice, and many non-profit organizations and churches, my entire adult life.

It would seem that my fourth quarter centers on the word volunteer - because now I endeavor to bring volunteers to be a part of telling the story of Mandarin,  I was already in my fourth quarter more than eight years ago when I was hired as the Volunteer Coordinator at th Mandarin Museum & Historical Society.

I love my work and I am always looking for volunteers

That's why I am looking forward to this Saturday    All are welcome.  Fourth Quarter or not!

Volunteer Interest Meeting

Saturday, October 14th

10:00 am to 11:30 am

Mandarin Museum will host a Volunteer Interest Meeting on Saturday, October 14th at 10:00 a.m. The Museum offers many regular volunteer opportunities including positions at museum guest services, as a docent, and at special events. It’s the perfect place for retirees looking to make new friends while giving back to their community! Attendees will receive a guided tour of the museum (including behind-the-scenes) and learn more about the volunteer program and its benefits. Please email Brittany at director@mandarinmuseum.org to RSVP or Paula - info@mandarinmuseum.org or for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment