Monday, September 22, 2014

I found it...

So - for weeks I had lost this connection -- and finally this morning -- I found it.


I cannot tell you how glad I am to tell you that I found it.


Why - because when I lost it I made a switch that as it turned out was not very popular with many of my readers.


And what does any writer want?


That's a silly question isn't it?


We want to get paid for what we write.


But that's not really what we want = we just want people to read what we write.


On my recent, maiden voyage to the Bahamas I thought about what I would want to take with me should I end up on one of those sparsely inhibited islands.


Paper and pen.


I took a journal - and more than one pen on my cruise and I journaled.


About - the mass of humanity that greets you outside the market places especially in Nassau.  I didn't see that as much in Freeport.  Some ladies I  met told me that those people frightened them.  I was not at all frightened.  I was sad.


The way I saw it - how sad to have that kind of life.


My friend, Deborah reminded me that if they have never had a different kind of life, then they have no way to learn what that have missed.


Hum - that's worth thinking about...stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to be again able to read your Blog! I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to be able to click and get the rest of the story! I love you!

    ReplyDelete